maybe just a tad....after more 90s a bit of a cool down, meaning nighttime high 60s...i'll take it...but since it's really still summer, whipped up this for fun...
challenge report: all the border pieces have been basted for the dutch chintz UFO, now to position and applique down...it's going to be a busy fall/winter of quilting i do believe....
after the applique was finished, hung on the design wall and stepped back. even tho it was long term and got boring at times, am really happy with it. used what was on hand, so borders not as wide as i'd like, but still makes me swoon a bit...itching to get quilting on it....
now that marathon sewing done, the apartment has been seriously tidied with more intense things waiting for cooler weather, like cleaning oven, washing windows etc. after a rough couple of years, feel like life is more enjoyable...thanks to my loving family and the one who carried me thru...

Yes, I get it. You have done a great job on the applique wall hanging! The hat is pretty and the sizing story is good for a laugh!
ReplyDeletethanks...i amaze myself now and then....
DeleteThe red and green truly is swoon worthy. What a wonderful project to take you through the winter. Cheerful hat.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the poster.
Sharon M
thanks and you're welcome...it is food for thought...i am excited to have it finished and hung for christmas
DeleteYour red and green appliquƩ is beautiful! Wishing you enjoyable quilting and I look forward to seeing it when done!
ReplyDeletethanks...me too!!
DeleteI (Gladi Porsche) was the commenter aboveš.
ReplyDeleteYour hat is delightful. I'll have to go check out that pattern site. Our nights are getting cooler here and keep waking me up in the middle of the night because of inadequate covers. I finally put another quilt on the bed today and hope I'm not too hot tonight. Enjoy your fall stitching.
ReplyDeletethank you robin...my sister in law has her eye on it...lol
DeleteYour applique is GORGEOUS! Can't wait for you to quilt it! I love your hat :D Glad the weather is cooperating for you! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteWow... that summer hat is fantastic :-)))
ReplyDeleteI sewed a similar one for myself last summer—no, I think it was the summer before last—
in any case, it’s great to wear.
I love the colors in your hat.
Cheery greetings from Viola