that would be autumn and halloween of course! yes, i did see halloween candy in the stores...and since i'm sewing all things fall, this little guy 'materialized'....no pun intended!!
super quick to assemble, measures about 14 x 18...makes a nice little wall/door deco. that purple/black batik is perfect! a dear quilty friend, now passed, gave me about 9 yards of it and i've used it everywhere possible. what else??
one more tree runner....dug deep in the stash for these gorgeous autumn fabrics...and the background is a jo morton i think, around a long time, now almost gone...the floor is not a great design wall...
and old fabrics? yep i got 'em! looky, looky...
not vintage but certainly aged....acquired this at the beginning of my 'wild prints' era....not long after discovered kaffe fassett and the rest is history...
here's another name from the fabric past....
another stunning autumn print...remember joan kessler? lots of those tiny shirting prints...had a ton of them and you could always tell at a glance fabric she had designed...
(blogger alignment has a mind of its own....one of the many things annoying about this program)
so it's the weekend....i've runners to baste and quilt, another ghost or two to whip up and finish..that'll eat up a couple of days no problem. plus exercise, pesky house chores...
waking up to sunshine (of course) and a day filled with promise and blessings....
Some leaves here are starting to change colour. Our autumn is around the corner …….
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute ghost! Ah, yes, the dates on selvedge are such a giveaway.
ReplyDeletethanks!!
DeleteI love the autumn trees--the new autumn print will make a good runner, too!
ReplyDeletethank you....
DeleteLove your wee spook. Those trees are keeping you busy.
ReplyDeletethank you lou!
DeleteThat little ghost is adorable! I never thought of making trees in autumnal colors! That is so clever! I remember Joan Kessler well and had lots of her fabric (might still have some, not sure). Have a great day!
ReplyDeletewell thanks michele...got fabric?? make trees...LOL
DeleteIn enjoying seeing all the projects you are coming up with. I have plenty of older fabrics too. They are still good to use.
ReplyDeletethank you janice...yes oldies but goodies
DeleteThis fall-like post needs to be accompanied by a good ol' Cider Belly donut. You're an inspiration, as always! :)
ReplyDeletefor sure!!!
DeleteAn adorable little ghost quilt.
ReplyDeleteYou have wonderful fabrics and are absolutely on-trend—as shown by the little quilt and the autumnal table runner. Fantastic; I’m delighted with them.
I’m lagging a bit behind with my sewing right now because we’re spending so much time outdoors... summer is so short... I just have to make the most of it... and then I’ll get back to sewing. I have so many projects in mind :-)))
Wishing you lots of joy. I really look forward to seeing your sewing creations.
Warm regards,
Viola
thank you for stopping by and kind words..i am happy to inspire anyone!
DeleteYour little ghost is cute and the table runner is wonderful! Nice job Grace!
ReplyDeletethanks!
Delete