Thursday, June 29, 2017

the floor

no individual quilter achieves success by themselves...it takes a village--of sorts...for many of us, it's the floor; our over-size design wall and receptacle of all things scrappy....see what i mean?


thanks to those ever-defective command hangers, my real design wall is now crumpled in a heap on the floor, so my floor stood in...these are just pinned but wanted to make sure no two exact colors were side by side.  it's the best effort i can make, knowing somewhere it'll happen as it always does in my scrappy quilts.  so anxious to get these blocks sewn together and see the top up close and personal....but while the floor has provided aid, it has also created disarray....


for some time now, have had a wastebasket with a wider circumference on my "need" list....this is why.  a date with the vacuum is also on my list....but aren't they pretty???   call me happy to have all the triangles cut and sewn!

6 comments:

  1. This quilt is going to be stunning. I just love the dark background with the bright solids. This may be one for my "later"list. Make it a Good Day!
    Keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks...have mostly abandoned black solid...too difficult to hand quilt on...this is kona charcoal...

      Delete
  2. How clever - homemade confetti! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blocks! I have yet to make an 'all solids' quilt! I love your quilt in the header too, great way to use those plaid scraps to the max!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt just sings!
    I have a "too small" waste basket by a machine and there are always nests of clipped strings around it on the floor when I finish a sewing session. At least yours looks like a party!

    ReplyDelete