Wednesday, June 28, 2017

coming together

started this years ago, can't recall exactly when, but i know it was after bonnie hunter showed hers off...9 or 10 years maybe?  hers was very large and her triangles were very small...i was immediately wowed and a bit intimidated....and who wouldn't be?


but one day a pattern crossed my path; a smaller version with bigger triangles (for hand quilting, you know) and so it was started.  the charcoal solid was bought on my first visit to lancaster quilt shops when my suitcase bulged with over 11 yards of fabric!  solids were collected in little bits just for this project, and as expected, the last of my cherrywood scraps are included.  and now the first row is done...my fingers are itching to quilt it...the auriful quilting thread was bought at maine quilts 4-5 years ago...charcoal....it's definitely one of those process quilts and one i'm planning to keep for me. not true amish, but homage to the amish quilts that first lured me into quilting....the photo doesn't do the colors justice, so much more vibrant close up.....i'm just tickled that it'll be a top very soon and can probably start quilting in the fall....who knew natural fibers could be so darn much fun!

6 comments:

  1. Stunning, I find that after reading your blog I want to run in my sewing room and create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, sweet of you to say denise...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the look of this, Grace!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved an ocean waves quilt. Your grey and solids is very pretty and making me want one very similar. Have to "borrow" your picture for my want to do file.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Denise agrees with the first Denise! I love this quilt. You are an inspiration💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful confetti-like surprise! So glad that you never gave up on this beautiful work of art!

    ReplyDelete