Thursday, May 4, 2017

recent finishes...

2017 means i've been quilting now for 38 years and it appears have finally learned how to make log cabins....not without my trusty cheat sheet tho...here's a photo of the scrappy flimsy recently donated to disaster relief to finish and get outta my UFO pile...


the blocks finished at 7.5" and made hardly a dent in my strip tote--guess i'll have to make a couple more.   streak of lightning is one of my fave settings, that and courthouse steps.

and another UFO that got finished and donated is the westering women sew-along.  both of these busted 7.25 yards.  two other items--lap robe and doll quilt swap--busted another 3.5 yards, so definitely on the downward slope


these 2 photos were taken with my phone, so colors and lighting not optimal but you get the idea.  *** another summer day has dawned and the laundry pile awaits....

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Both are fantastic. Good for you for busting fabrics. I seem to adding faster than I'm using!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful! I love your use of color in both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful log cabin! Good of you to donate your work so freely.
    Whether it is black and cheddar or navy and cheddar (hard to tell from the photo, and I can't recall from previous posts), it is a very striking color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What size are the strips and blocks in your log cabin quilt. I just love it! I read you all the time and can hardly believe how much you get done. I wish I was as productive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the strips are 1.5" unfinished and blocks 8" unf... i wasn't always this productive, back in the days when i had 2-3 jobs not much got sewn, but now i have the luxury of sewing every day and sometimes starting early AM....it makes me feel rich....

    ReplyDelete