Saturday, May 20, 2017

it's about time...

recall that old TV show?  it's about time, it's about space, it's about *** and the human race, or so went the opening theme...well, last week somebody on quilting classifieds, a selling site, posted a pattern that tweaked my conscience...so nothing else to do but dig it out and take stock....and look what happened!


the bottom and final panel is ready to baste so it can be appliqued....this is new england sampler, a pattern i bought back in the 1980s--yes, 1980s--but perfection fear kept me from working on it long before this...i took some applique classes and tackled the flower blocks and the house panel, but oh those vines...severe vine phobia!  a month or so ago hung this on my design wall to "remind" me and today got out my bias bars and found the vines weren't so scary after all.  am now determined to finish this in 2017.   there's a narrow inner border then a sorta wide muslin border with more flowers and vines and then about a 3" final border.  it isn't bed size but rather a largish wall piece. once basted it'll be rolled up for portability.  after this, there are just a few really old UFOs on my list....recall the civil war diary?? 

7 comments:

  1. What great progress you are making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so pleasing to see that you have just decided to work on it - a beautiful quilt and I can just imagine how gorgeous it will be when done - Keep up the good work - it's perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's about time, it's about space, it's about two men in the strangest place. It's about two astronauts, it's about their fate, it's about a woman and her prehistoric mate. Or something like that! I think I watched way too much TV as a kid because I remember a lot of shows. Anyway, I love this sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've seen it listed on the cable guide here but never got the urge to watch...lol...i have about 6 of those vintage tv show channels...remember circus boy? yep he's on too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took 2 classes through my guild this year to learn basket handles, which could also be vines. Learned presser bars and bias tape maker methods. I conquered my fear too! Bring on a Baltimore Album!

    ReplyDelete