Friday, February 10, 2017

thrifty switch

in the interests of keeping stash visible and handy without investing in more storage, decided to repurpose this organic spinach container.  as you can see, the inchie scraps had way outgrown my little fabric basket and this way, can access them easier and quicker for leader/ender sewing fun!


another repurposed container holds a small project in process....it's been a challenging month...first mobility issues with right leg that affected my pedal foot too.  after xrays and starting PT, happy to say nearly back 100%.....just in time for a particularly vicious roaring bronchitis which, i believe, was brought on by the nasty little smokers in the building who smoke in their apartments evenings and weekends...not to mention those little old ladies who overdose on perfume and air fresheners.  i thought the 5th floor would provide plenty of fresh air but so far been disappointed....and then there is that OTHER issue....ongoing problems with surgery from 2010.   had i only broken a mirror, would now be enjoying relief, but since had the misfortune to put my bodily functions into the hands of one who must have gotten her medical license at K-mart, am still dealing with those annoying and often painful issues.  thankfully can modify my schedule when need be since i seem to be officially retired from regular work.  *** even with these intrusions, happy and grateful to have a home and a place where i can be sick and sloppy without interference.  even though our weather isn't winter-like at all, the thought of homeless people in severe winter conditions reminds me how blessed i am.....

11 comments:

  1. Those spinach containers can come in handy for so many things. Looks like this one found a good home.
    Sorry to here of your recent trials. Glad the leg is nearly back to normal. Is the bronchitis also clearing up?
    Like you, I do not tolerate second hand smoke, perfumes or air fresheners--things that can be hard to avoid in some places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eurika! Thank you so much for turning a light bulb on for me. My grandson has autism and gets frustrated when his flash cards and other toys are "out of place". This is a perfect idea for storing such items neatly. The only downside is I will have to eat more spinach! I do hope things improve with your health issues. I do feel fortunate to live in a house. I'm not sure I could tolerate neighbors in the same building (and probably vice versa!). I hope for sunny days and open windows for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray, you still love Maryland! I guess that PT must mean Physical Therapy rather than Part Time? You'll be a fabulous House Mother to all those Juvenile Delinquents, but get the pay scale set up first for your weekly case load!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for however long i live that is....vicious bronchitis appears to be winning...

      Delete
  4. Sorry for your aches and pains! I sewed with my left foot for weeks and didn't have any problem. But now I'm (gingerly) using my right foot so that I can machine-quilt. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good to hear...finally turned corner with bronchitis and walking ok too...takes a bit longer at this age i guess....

      Delete
  5. I Love it when we recycle & reuse....I've been using big coffee cans & 2 liter soda bottles cut in half as plant pots. Then I use the top halves as cloches when propagating cuttings.Hey, it works.

    Oh, here's a big warm hug for you ((Grace))
    Sorry you're feeling shabby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. more than a large part due to smoking neighbors too lazy to go outside and smoke...and we don't even have any snow...they are just ignorant, selfish and lazier than fenceposts...

      Delete
  6. Blessed indeed, and blessed to be a blessing to others, Grace! I am praying for God's healing touch for you and His insight and wisdom for your inconsiderate neighbors. Sheesh! I think your recycled bin is a brilliant solution to keeping your bits corralled, yet visible!

    ReplyDelete