Thursday, January 26, 2017

reasonable facsimile

with nary a flake here in maryland....at least my area....have to make do with the fabric kind....this is my latest finish, the snowman candlemat.  had gotten this pattern some years ago for a swap gift and liked it so much, bought it for myself....and now it's done. 


used flannel for a batt, but used 2 layers which was really too much, so another learning experience but it'll work fine.  and a kind fellow quilty blogger sent me the carrot button for the nose...and while hacking away at some of these small projects, quilting continues on the milky way masquerade.   the westering women blocks are together and now just need tying and binding for a finish as well...my 2 tables are stacked with WIPs  (works in progress) that keep me focused.....and now that mr. sun has made his appearance, back to the workshop!

4 comments:

  1. Love your candle mat. I can see why you love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Grace!
    There never seems to be any slacking in your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is true! We needed 4 wheeled drive today just to get to and from the mailbox safely, whew!

    ReplyDelete