Tuesday, January 24, 2017

framed!


finally these 2 small and ancient cross stitch projects are in their frames....the frames themselves go back to a small shop in mansfield, massachusetts, called "the picket fence" and were purchased in the 70s maybe?  could have been 80s though...this was before I had decided to focus on only quilting.  have a few more cross stitch pieces that need framing and/or finishing....my DD is an expert and it is her pretty much solitary craft, so have saved my stuff for her to go through when all my projects are done.   even though my home is a small apartment, hand made items make it quite homey and cozy...and camouflages the institutional box look.  and have racked up another UFO finish, my snowman candlemat that will show another day as it's drying after being washed.   now on to the next project!

5 comments:

  1. Two really cute projects. You must feel awfully good with all these finishes being checked off your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy memories of the Mansfield train station that could whisk my older sister and me into Bailey's for a chocolate laden sundae; two scoops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i remember baileys....hot fudge the very best....

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I especially like the frame on the kitchen cross stitch. They look perfect to me. I always found cross-stitch too hard to me to get even stitches.

    ReplyDelete