Monday, December 19, 2016

quick detour

although i did get one 365 block done on sunday, most of my sewing time was finishing up this little festive flimsy....hoping to get it quilted and done before 2016 is history....


these are so darn fun to make...now thinking of other color combos.  can barely see the tiny light gray rectangles meant to be the tops of the ornaments as that was all that was in the stash, so making another will require a tiny purchase of a darker value.   i might possibly have enough background left for binding, but if not, it'll be red print.  just goes to show, if you hang onto a piece of fabric long enough, a perfect use will "materialize"....oooh, no pun intended!   it's festive and not quite bright enough to be seen from space, just the north pole....   ***  today's hopefully the last day out and about doing holiday stuff.  the 365 blocks are never far from my mind.  and white christmas?  weatherman is predicting 50 degrees so i'd say no....just loving this maryland style winter!

4 comments:

  1. What an adorable quilt! You are right about the light grey, but I wouldn't have noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute Christmas tree. I don't even know if I have any grey in my stash. Now I am curious and I want to go rummage and see. Not that I would be able to get one of these made, (granddaughter's quilt still needs binding) but I really like it. Is it a pattern you acquired somewhere, or did you design it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. moda bakeshop by jen daly...it's called moda ornament tree...thanks for prompting me as i forgot to give her proper credit!

      Delete