Monday, December 12, 2016

december finish

or it should be anyway....this is in my hoop today and anticipate it'll be OFF the UFO list for 2017, knocking me down to (gulp) 35 that includes a fair number of bed size projects.


love the fabrics in this piece and am thinking of a turquoise binding, but maybe it'll be navy instead.  and holiday decorating is done except for my tree, which hoping to find tomorrow....so instead will show you the tree seen at the Eisenhower farm adorned with 50s era glass bulbs and even some from nikita khruschev no less!   it was fake but the Eisenhowers had a real tree, of course.  now, though, cookie baking calls....




7 comments:

  1. What are your favorite cookies to bake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anise cookies with a confectioner's sugar glaze and multicolor decorations...

      Delete
  2. The tree takes me back to my childhood, thanks! Your in the hoop project looks like you're having fun with plenty to quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt in the hoop is beautiful! Have fun getting your tree and baking. I didn't do as much baking as I usually do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty quilt! At first I thought the tree was yours...but then I saw the date. And read your post. Traditional trees are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really pretty quilt, Grace. Those fabrics are gorgeous--nice use of them in the blocks, with the fussy-cutting.
    I have collected a few boxes of those old glass ornaments, because I grew up with them on my trees. I love using them on my trees now. I actually found some that are identical to the ones I had as a child and they bring back such memories. : )

    ReplyDelete