Tuesday, November 22, 2016

365 so far aka seam-mageddon!

next task is to make the corner squares, obviously, and finish up the little blocks so can get the last 2 dark borders attached.   adding these 2 has re-ignited my mojo for this project.  no fabric was purchased for this project at all, entirely from stash.  explains why there are lots of empty spools.


managed to keep my bare toes out of this photo but going to be a challenge to photograph when the top is done.  would have loved to used a particular color scheme on this but have to say scrappy is not entirely un-pleasing.  you can still sign up for next year....just search for 365 on facebook!  this has been a HUGE machine piecing challenge for me.  some of the blocks are perfect, some are awful and a lot are not bad, but it has ramped up my skills and (so far) glad i tackled it....  ***  ah, november 22nd, a day boomers will never forget.  walking home from 9th grade thru downtown and passed appliance store with several televisions on--black and white of course--seeing that JFK had been killed...seemed very unreal but horrific at the same time.  then four days of nothing but funereal dirges and nonstop TV watching of ensuing events.  no school, of course, so days seemingly endless hours of ceremony, dignitaries and then actually jack ruby walking right up and killing oswald...live!   that was REAL reality TV....

8 comments:

  1. Your 365 is really exciting to see so much done and looking terrific, too! Had forgotten about poor JFK, yes very sad times then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful, Grace. You have managed to make a cohesive quilt using value instead of color. Wonderful!
    I think I was only in second grade, but the memories are indelible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty quilt! Love the scrappy look. I am with you about the memories of JFK and what happened all that year. I was a very unworldly 14 yr. and totally confused by how upside down the world seemed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 365 blocks are beautiful and looks like it was planned. I was 8 years old when JFK got shot and remember watching it on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done so well with the 365 day quilt.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glorious quilt. Love it in all its scrappy-ness. I so understand about the seam-mageddon. Other projects and life kept me away from mine. I am now sewing the blocks from last week of June. Seeing your beauty 365 is an encouragement to me. ;^)

    ReplyDelete