Friday, October 28, 2016

bonnie hunter's mystery

the day has finally arrived when bonnie hunter has posted her color selections for this year's mystery project.   i absolutely LOVE bonnie's quilts, and her tips and influence 10 years ago kicked my quilty muse up several notches....but being a hand quilter, lots of her patterns have waaaay too many seams for me.  have made a few but have donated flimsies for someone else to machine quilt and use for charity, not a problem.  this year decided to repeat the effort and have pulled my choices from her color suggestions...


these are what i found and may be a bit stronger in value than hers, but i like strong colors anyway and definitely NOT buying anything for this mystery.  that, to me, is the whole point--to use what is on hand that'll give it a controlled kitchen sink look.  bonnie's quilt is large so going to make half the number of units for my project.  and didn't think there was any magenta, but whoa!  if you have kaffe, you have magenta to the max!   these are "special" fabrics that so far have just ogled and fondled, but time has come to use some....so bring on black friday and clue #1!

7 comments:

  1. Got a giggle about your comment on the Kaffe fabrics--so true! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice selection Grace! Loving your Dk. purples & Magenta....Oh, and your cute tootsies. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tee hee...didn't see that until after it posted...

      Delete
  3. I was wondering if you were going to do this one.......you sure can be counted on to inspire one to use up stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy to do just that...thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Good looking grouping and I wish you all the best on the newest mystery. I'm inspired to work on my several WIP's tops this year, so I'll be cheering everybody's progress.

    ReplyDelete