Sunday, September 18, 2016

saturday surprise

it was about 4 pm when finally got dressed (yeah, i know) after sewing a good portion of the day...decided to mosey on down to the mailbox and look what was waiting....


a fat 8th bundle of jo morton's "gratitude" with coordinating bella solids AND aurifil thread!!!!   you can bet my quilty to-do list just got a tad longer....oh yes, thinking of a di ford project here...these are soo beautiful...i confess i had a 15-minute pity party this afternoon after a very nice day sewing and roasting a chicken.   the job hunt has been a bust and some pressing big ticket needs were on my mind.  a chat with an internet pal cancelled that party pronto and then this.....i'm humbled, thankful, blessed and feeling totally unworthy of such blessings and guilty for even 15 minutes of the poor mes....

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Grace, now those stacks of Gratitude are just drop dead gorgeous! Who could be blue with those lovelies? But I'm sorry to hear that you had a low moment.Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky little quilter!!! You must be someone very special. I need to take notes, someday I may need filler in my mailbox. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice little treat.......sorry to hear you were feeling blue but glad you were able to get yourself back up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pity parties when you are by yourself are not much fun! So happy to see you had something to cheer you up! Look forward to seeing what you do with these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an extremely thoughtful surprise! Love that line of fabric.
    Hard to stay blue with that to pet and play with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh here's a big hug for you..Gorgeous fabrics Grace..What a wonderful present to get in the mail. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand pity parties, I've had a few myself. I pray your situation improves! What a lovely gift you received in the mail! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete