Saturday, August 6, 2016

this explains it...

meaning why we sew and sew and the stash hardly diminishes!  friday night spent 4+ hours cutting scraps from my basket....you saw the BEFORE photo yesterday....and today is the AFTER photo....see the difference?   me either....but i promise, the trash can is chock full of spaghetti-sized trimmings and all these units are at the ready.....


there are some large tumbler pieces; strips and squares of various sizes plus a stack of brick size pieces as well...and, more important, see the basket in the background.....while prepping these units, visions of a multitude of scrappy quilts were swirling around my mind (inbetween tv watching) and honestly, should run right to my PCP and get an Rx for dexedrine so i can sew 24/7.....not that i would ever consider that, but imagine what could get done and how much stash could be busted!   really, tho, do enjoy the process and the fabric does inspire me big time...but no time to wax poetic on the philosophical aspects, gotta get back to sewing!!!  

6 comments:

  1. My daughter made a big quilt out of the scrap box and you can't see the difference........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy how scraps expand to fill the container allotted to them, regardless of how much of them you use!
    When I was on the oral steroids recently I did have a couple of "sew all night" experiences, but I don't want to repeat that (even though I wish I could always find that much time to sew). : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. They reproduce at night while you sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice trimmings to size/shapes! You did wonders to get those at the ready, but I confess that the basket still does look overflowing, heehee. Petting my fabrics always inspires.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you mean. The scraps or the stash neve seems to diminish, no matter how much you cut. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the more we use the faster the pile grows. Doesn't stop me from shopping for more though!

    ReplyDelete