Wednesday, August 31, 2016

365 rolls on...

with august closing today, heading into home stretch with this project and yes, once again behind about 11 blocks.  few other deadline projects are the cause; plenty of time to catch up once more.


am thinking netflix is my lucky charm with this project.   it seems whenever engrossed in watching, my blocks tend to come out darn near perfect.   even though i often groan when looking at the patterns, once they are done have a great feeling of satisfaction.  while the hawaiian improved my applique skills, this is doing wonders for my machine piecing abilities...proving once again the road to perfection is (almost) always practice i guess.   come to think of it, that's how my typing speed (eons ago) got to 90 and beyond as well.   ***   up early this AM to open windows and breathe in cool, fresh air meaning 63....yowza!   i am loving it!    and this weekend the daytime temps are predicted at 80 and 79...how good is that!!!   standing in line at the farmer's market is definitely going to be more enjoyable.  oh, i do love autumn.....visions of pumpkins and cider and foliage are dancing in my head.....bring 'em on!

5 comments:

  1. Purple, or is that "plum", and green and even cheddar all together and they look so fine. Yes, the first teasing taste of cooler temperatures beckons us to Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving those little blocks--especially since they contain purple.
    I have to gree with you on the making of small blocks improving piecing skills. I used to have trouble matching up points even on a 12" inch block. Now that seems easy peasy, compared to the tiny ones. : )
    Oh, I love Fall, too, Grace. The nip in the morning air has me anxious for all that season has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors.....this is going to be a striking quilt when it is complete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blocks! Interesting that you do better when binge-watching Netflix!

    ReplyDelete