Saturday, July 9, 2016

quilty news from the hot zone

my DD keeps asking me how i am tolerating the heat and humidity now that it has arrived to stay, like every day...LOL!  well, so far so good, and especially good for sewing and quilting too!  this has now been placed in the hoop and the quilting has begun.  it has a destination so it must be completed before end of summer.  vic in NH gifted  me with this jelly roll--fabric line aptly named "grace"--so put this twin size together.  the white central squares set the colors off very nicely.


also got the milky way masquerade (aka batik stars) basted and ready to quilt as well.  my summer job of quilting a queen size DWR is no more, so can get back to my own stuff.  course, this means there are no funds for my fall retreat in lancaster either, which really disappoints me a lot.   this is the 2nd year i've not been able to go and really going to miss it a lot.  even though i can hop on up to lancaster myself, it just isn't the same as a week-long sleepover with like-minded pals who are totally fun!  *** speaking of lancaster, DD and her hub and i went today and admit i fell off the no-buy wagon just a skosh...except for a few FQs and a remnant, everything was needed so that nearly eliminated the sting of buying.  will post photo later.  ***  busy quilty week here with plans to get some quilts together to aid the WV flood victims, a quilt of valor all basted and a couple of lap robes in process.  nothing to do but keep cool and quilt on!

5 comments:

  1. Well I think once it is hot and stays hot you just get used to it to a point......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Lancaster on Thurs. and Fri. Did some fabric purchasing but some of it is for backing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you will have to miss your retreat again. Bummer.
    Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you'll miss your retreat. But I'm glad that I sent you that jelly roll. It looks great with the white center blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer that you can't join your friends at the retreat, Grace. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete