Wednesday, July 20, 2016

coming together!

it's the 365 and even tho one more border needs attaching, couldn't resist showing it....one block was waaaaaay too small--not sure how THAT happened--so it's a do over, and there are 2 more hiding someplace before i can sew on the final border.   but this is definitely a WOW project!


wasn't sure i'd like the different colors, but really they are mostly very light and in this photo not too distinctive.   just 4 little blocks for getting current; tend to sit down every so often and do 4-5 at a time.  and gotta hunt up those 2 errant blocks....so nice living by myself with NO roommates means they are definitely here someplace and didn't grow legs.  and if they can't be found, will just hold off until the next round of light blocks and make 2 extra...easy peasy!  only 5 months left and have to say, being involved in this has made the year go pretty fast.  rough plan for the remainder of 2016 is some charity sewing that will go to the top of the list, finish out the farmer's wife blocks and get to the flimsy stage, pull out brackman stars and get those into a flimsy, finish as many things as possible from the UFO list....think that's enough???   ***  enjoying brief respite from a/c with nice 80s temps and windows wide open for a change--if only for a day!  now go out there and quilt something!

6 comments:

  1. 365 looks great! I'm sure I'll choose a color scheme and get started one of these days. I keep changing my mind about what colors I want to use.

    Barbara at Stash Overflow

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful, Grace! Makes me wish I had done it, too (but not really--I wouldn't have kept up and would have given up long before now). Isn't it interesting how things can disappear--I think I need to do a major sewing room cleanse to find things I know I have but cannot find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks janet...sorta liking it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,indeed! Kudos to you for keeping up even with a big move to Maryland there. I love the fresh air days when the house is open, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your accomplishment is awesome.

    ReplyDelete