Tuesday, June 7, 2016

the challenge continues!


hard to see clearly from this photo, but the date on this selvedge is 1989...that's right 27-year-old fabric that was sent to me last summer....still usable and going into the 365 project...



trying to do 3 blocks a day, if possible, to get caught up.   you can easily see why this is called a challenge....many of the blocks have a LOT of pieces....


and many of the units essentially get cut twice, once out of the fabric and a second sizing up the individual units....26 blocks to go and tomorrow is out due to a special birthday....good thing nothing else on the agenda.....many of the participants have their little dark squares already sewn onto the medallion, so there's that to do as well....sure you don't want to join in? 

7 comments:

  1. I want to join! where do I find it. I enjoy your blog and cheer you on daily.
    Pacific Northwest girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go to facebook and search for 365 challenge...it's an aussie moderator

      Delete
  2. I do too.....I should just go for it, LOL! You and another friend are working on this project......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks and the soft color palette is very soothing. They do look quite involved so I am impressed that you can make 3 in one day!
    I started out saving the patterns and then stopped fooling myself. I realized that if I wasn't able to sew along I would probably never do it, so I quit saving. I am such a wimp. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't be too hard on yourself janet...if i had a family or other responsibilities, i'd have dropped out long before this...

      Delete