Wednesday, June 29, 2016

a thursday finish....

it's the kaffe fassett wallhanging and there is a tad more quilting on the sashing but that'll get done today and i can count it towards my One Project A Month goal...


used up some leftover binding--white polka dots on orange--that seems just right for this piece and i think kaffe would approve as well!   fell a bit short of my plan to get all june blocks done; about 12 left to go, but the weekend is coming up and hot/humid weather too, so with no big plans



and plenty of a/c, i'll be bonding with the old viking...and the cream DWR is in process with it nearly half basted at this point.  figure the quilting will be started some time on the weekend.  now to pull another project from the "F is for Finish" pile for July....after a year being folded in the car's trunk, the scrappy boston commons has been laundered and is now bright and clean again, ready for winter or whenever (if ever) it gets cold here...  *** still very happy and content here in maryland and my nice and cozy apartment EXCEPT some horrible person has a disgusting air freshener that smells like vanilla or similar and it is totally stinky and annoying....certain fragrances bother me, some cleaning agents and those nasty plug-in things; tried to keep windows open today but still lingers with them closed and a/c on...as far as i can see, it's the only downside and is really disappointing me.  certain people take it on themselves to spray the hallways as well and occasionally one will be equally awful.  it's like lightning, never know when the stinkbug will strike.  if only my apartment were just inside the door....maybe someday....

6 comments:

  1. What a happy wall hanging! The polka dot binding is a great finish. : )
    Oh, I'm with you on the plug-ins and fresheners--you can add scented candles to the list for me, and vanilla is one of the scents that bothers me the most. It isn't just that I don't like the scents--they can give me headaches, make me feel sick, and cause my nose to burn, none of which is a pleasant feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. another reason i go to early church service on sundays...less people and less fragrances! thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Your Kaffee Fassett wall hanging is beautiful! I was not really a fan of his fabric but the last 2 shows I've been to, I bought some kits and fabric. Guess my taste have changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all i can think of is color explosion with his fabrics...love 'em! thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Love the orange polka dots on the binding! It is such a cute quilt and a raucous use of color! So sorry to hear that the fragrance is problematic for you. Can you mention it to the floor or building agent of the management?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Kaffe wall quilt is hot times in the summer. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete