Wednesday, May 11, 2016

then there were 2....



got 2 blocks together and am really liking the look...if my math is correct, have to make 100 more bow ties for the flimsy....so this is a future flimsy, but will be so fun to hand quilt, which is my goal--that plus using up my fabric.  ***  two years ago at retreat, found this on sale and was only going to buy half yard, but sensibility prevailed and I bought 1 yard of the 3 that were left on bolt. 



I did briefly entertain the thought to buy it all but hesitated....and wish I hadn't.  this is called "la scala" by Hoffman and it is gorgeous.  recently while browsing thru an old "love of quilting" (july/aug 2014) was intrigued by this pattern...completely dismissed the little word upper left that says "challenging" as I knew the Hoffman print would be perfect! 



and it is!  have to say have never made a table runner with so many pieces--they weren't kidding about challenging--but it's nearly together now and well worth the effort.   watch this space to see the flimsy, maybe some time this week.   and even tho I took a brief detour from UFOs for a new project, at some point in the not-too-distant future, it's gonna be scrap day....see what I mean? 



these need to be cut up into usable pieces and some are even large enough to get some big tumblers for a top in progress....in the meantime, the "amish in the city" is nearly all quilted and the binding is ready for a hopefully may finish.  next up will tackle a couple of small projects from the basted pile....am determine to obliterate that F pile!



6 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful fabric! But I can see that the runner is not for the faint of heart. Good luck with it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bow tie blocks! Looking forward to seeing more! Thank you for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, you are having so much fun! So happy for you. I have two hand-pieced bow tie quilts in the works. My block are six inches though. I admire your patience with the small blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bow ties! That's one of those blocks I have thought I have thought about making but not yet gotten to. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sumptuous fabric! I love the bow ties in the Amish solids and it will look terrific with your hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Casablanca in the "la scala" looks like it's going to be gorgeous. The bow ties will be fun to hand quilt, I'll bet.

    ReplyDelete