Saturday, May 14, 2016

back in the groove...

that would be the 365 challenge groove...due to moving, unpacking, organizing all the fabric and sewing stuff, it's been on the back burner far too long, until today that is.  my entire Saturday sewing consisted of blocks for 365.  right now I am done thru april 4th, so as of tomorrow it'll be 41 blocks to get current.  the little 3.5" blocks work up fast.  takes more time to find fabric and cut pieces than to sew them.  next 4 days are corner squares for the center medallion, then it's back to blocks, bigger ones and lighter colors.   this is on the design wall right now...




you can see where the corner squares will go....and I have 2 plastic pouches with ALL blocks up thru march done!  right now have oodles of free time, so maybe another week to get current--maybe???  ***  cool, blustery and rainy here today.   the greek festival is going on down the street and they have 2 tents up but hardly anyone there, no doubt due to the weather.   it has poured off and on and winds have been quite gusty with a possible FREEZE tonight??? yes, that is what they say.   ***  and quilting on the "amish in the city" is nearly done...expect to start binding maybe tomorrow.  in addition to most of my fabric and UFOs, have found some extra binding so it's all ready to go.  it is sooo very nice to have time to sew every day.  usually start in first thing in AM after breakfast.  feels odd but a very welcome odd--I feel very blessed at this point in my life.  so many hardships and setbacks along the way for this here and now....I wish this for every quilter....

5 comments:

  1. Your 365 looks beautiful, another friend is also doing it and now I am kicking myself for not starting it.......so wonderful for you that you have so much time to sew and even better that you see the blessing.....Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blocks going up on that design wall, good for you! We expect a freeze here, too, yet the grass and tree pollen drifts about in the air. Spring is fickle to be flirting with Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you are settled in your new apartment and sewing every day. I was toying with the idea of doing the 365 blocks but had to be honest with myself that I would never keep up. Loved your tour of the apartment - it looks like a happy quilter lives there! Good luck in this new phase of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been so courageous and positive in your attitude about your setbacks and challenges. You are a better person for it. I have a sign in my kitchen that reads, "When God closes one door, He always opens another door. But it's Hell in the hallway!" I think most of us could agree. Everyone has those hallways in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire the way you are tackling catching up on the 365 challenge. If I were in your shoes now would be about the time I would give up.
    Glad you are in a good place, Grace!

    ReplyDelete