Saturday, March 26, 2016

the street where i live....

yes, have finally arrived in maryland at my new senior housing complex (thursday) and signed my lease friday so homeless no more!  nobody is happier than me, i can tell you...


of course there is NO SNOW here at all...spring is in full swing and loving it! my apartment is newly renovated and very nice...lots of amenities like many senior digs. just today got the car finally emptied, a huge task! had a nice trip down over 2 days, my brother came with me and drove.  he is a keeper, i will tell you!  things will improve once the moving van arrives with bed and rest of my household and sewing things.   for now roughing it and taking ibuprofen regularly...LOL!  of course parting with my maine family was tough, but closer to my one and only peep who has been in touch and is visiting soon.  feels so strange living alone again after so long, but have connected with senior center close by and next week library and guilds.  do not plan to hermit in the room by myself all the time if it can be helped.  course, a little job of some sort is on the agenda too as student loans always loom large.  ***  traveling through PA my brother desired to stop at the martin guitar factory and i was happy we did...it made him beam from ear to ear...a short visit but a life-long memorable one....i took this photo of him....he is my hero this week for sure.  made the trip fun and seem shorter than usual. *** posts will be sporadic until comcast and i touch base. and did i mention?  there is a craft room that was said that nobody uses....until now that is!  


22 comments:

  1. Welcome to Maryland, Grace. I'm glad things are finally working out for you. There are lots of quilt guilds around so you should be able to find one you like. Faithful Circle Quilters in Columbia is having a show April 14-16. It's a great show. Hope to see you there.

    Barbara at Stash Overflow

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Sometimes it takes a LONG time for prayers to be answered -- this is an Easter blessing indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter to you........so happy to hear that you are starting your new chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO EXCITED for you, Grace! This is the best of news!!
    Looks like a lovely neighborhood--glad your brother was willing and able to share the journey with you. Having a guitar loving brother myself, I think I know how much that stop meant to your brother.
    You are so wise to quickly make connections with the senior center, library and guilds.
    You will have people taking a second look at that craft room, I'm sure. : )
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting for you Grace and glad you have a home now. It will be fun exploring and I'm sure you'll make good use of the craft room and probably get others to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, I am so very, very glad for you. I wish you much happiness in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for you, Grace! I'm so glad that you will finally have your own home again. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! So happy for you. You and your stash are reunited at last!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous news Grace - simply fabulous. I hope you settle in very quickly.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  10. You deserve the best! So glad for your dream home to be coming true on Good Friday and to sign the lease surely is a great omen there. The neighborhood looks lovely, too. Happy Easter my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!! And what an answer to prayers for you!! Enjoy your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to hear you are finally in your senior housing. A real Easter Blessing this year. I hope you have many happy years with your daughter and family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your new home. Enjoy getting settled in and starting a new chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so happy for you. You have been in my prayers and I hope you settle in quickly and make lots of new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you hear that you are finally settled in your housing! It is very important (at least to me) to be near immediate family so as hard as it must have been to leave your Mom and siblings you will enjoy being so close to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was a situation of either way would be missing someone...

      Delete
  16. What wonderful news. So glad you have a place again

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ever so glad to hear your stars aligned and you are now looking forward to your next adventure in beautiful Maryland. So nice to know that your dreams have come true during this very special time of the year - the season of hope.

    ReplyDelete