Tuesday, March 29, 2016

getting settled...sort of....

my cable isn't in yet so posting from a public computer aka nothing here to upload, just a brief update.  been exploring some and made only a few wrong turns so far.  have found important places like grocery store, library, chick-fil-a, walmart, gas stations, etc....just past day or so have gotten down to sewing on the surprise wallhanging used as packing material in a box.  glad to say it is ready to bind and will be a march finish, yay!  movers coming in about a week so remainder of unpacking is on hold until then.  have managed to apply for a few jobs as imperative to find work of some sort to support my quilty habits and pay student loans.  and the complex?  very lovely, lots of friendly people, lots of amenities and comforts.  feels strange having my own little kitchen again!  coming here from gray  New England was like stepping into Oz...everything in living color and lots of green!  hoping to have pictures next post.  have contacted a couple of guilds and planning visits soon, and quilting at the senior center is Thursday, so lots of opportunities to sew!  and even tho I live in senior housing, didn't feel "senior" until today when reading that Patty Duke had died...oh my....until next time!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update and I'm so glad that you're still pleased to have left New England for Oz. glad you're finding everything essential in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are settling in nicely and you have found shops and stores which work for you. Positive thoughts on finding employment to support your quilting needs--maybe a quilt shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't read your previous post until today but I am so happy you are HOME! This is just excellent news!! Yes, too many exclamation points but you are the greatest, most patient person. You deserve such happy years here. I hope this home is warm, happy, filled with the kindest neighbors, and has the warmest walls when it is cold, and yet cool when the weather is hot. Have so much fun discovering all the treasures in your boxes you have waited so long to unpack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. you sound almost as happy as I am, and I confess have been sorta shrewish and impatient along the way...but thanks...

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you found yourself a gem of a place to live! Best of everything to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... and Chik-fil-A is my most absolute favorite fast food place! The closest one to my house is just over an hour away... which is good, because I'd probably be there breakfast, lunch and dinner every day (if it was closer)! lol! :-)

    ReplyDelete