Friday, February 5, 2016

withdrawal pain....



this is tougher than i thought it would be, this no-buying plan.  made easier by budgetary issues for sure, but still salivating over so many gorgeous new lines of fabric.  my daily mantra is "shop the stash, shop the stash,"  and so far that's what i'm doing.  keeping busy sewing is helping, all the while thinking knowing that frugality is a good thing.  so please forgive me for repetitive photos of projects in the works....it is all part of the austerity plan and to prove to myself that stash is getting busted.    today, tho, have pulled out instructions and some bright mod fabrics for this cute little wallhanging.  still working on the larger quilts, but space is a premium so find it easier to manage small things.  this is by tessa walker found at www.thesewingchick.com on her blog dated 5/14/15.  it finishes at 21" square....hop on over and make one with me!

5 comments:

  1. Is this a little out of the norm for you? It is very cute.
    When Cyndi posts the new lines she has in I have a hard time resisting--but so far I have been strong. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. got some pretty mod fabrics for it...and it isn't just cyndi's fabric that is tempting me...lol

      Delete
  2. Love the cat block! I'm doing the frugality thing too. Need to use up a lot of stash before I think of buying more. However, there are always a few exceptions…..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain! lol! I'm also trying to use up stash before buying anything new... so many new patterns and fabrics are being released that really are a test on strength... ;-) It's true though... when I "shopped stash", I found some pretty nice projects that I had forgotten I had! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy seeing your project and hearing you challenge yourself with stash busting is helping to keep me focused on what I have in my stash!

    ReplyDelete