Thursday, February 18, 2016

someday is now

got folders? 

 
the new year's frugality has extended to books and magazines.  but, until i can be reunited with those i already have, decided to dig into the "vault" aka the desktop folder that contains downloads of free patterns and ideas been saving for "someday"....it's simply labeled "pdf files" and have already printed off a few that are or will be in the works very soon.  my philosophy is if i start it, i will finish it.  the cats wallhanging is one and that is almost ready for binding.  every few months go thru and toss those that no longer interest me.  when i started quilting back in the (what now seems) medieval 1970s, magazines and books were important inspiration sources.  fast forward and the internet is now an instant, 24/7 resource.  so wonderful that things in the quilty world have changed to what we have now....insomniacs rejoice!

3 comments:

  1. This made me laugh, Grace. You have a fun way of putting things.
    I rarely even look at most quilt magazines now. I have collected so many, and have such a multitude of patterns, besides all of the free internet sources. We are rich with resources, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my bookcase got to the double-stacked and overflowing point I went thru the magazines, made copies of the ones I was really interested in then passed the magazines on to my quilting friends. The copies reside in a binder that I can go to when I need inspiration for a new project. I agree -- Internet is great for insomniacs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of a housekeeper so I'm not sure why "organizing" gives me such joy! I love organizing upcoming projects into neat folders! Can't wait to see what you have hidden in those folders!

    ReplyDelete