Sunday, February 28, 2016

it's about time

have spent lots of waiting time (laundromat etc.) basting up these little hexies and think have to now sew them into rosettes and spacer units...and a reminder that they look larger than they really are...do not adjust your set!


also on the cutting table are more triangles for this someday project, "wildest dreams" seen in an old mag (american patchwork i think) that definitely whispered my name....


plus more 365 blocks on this downton-less sunday and we are starting the center medallion a month earlier than i had thought....good news indeed....and BTW, the cats have found a home!

10 comments:

  1. Your hexies are so pretty! I like your someday project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wheeee! What a lovely pile of hexies to play with! And I loved the plaids from yesterday, too. I especially like mixing a few random plaids in with my Civil War reproductions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now comes the fun part stitching those little hexies together. Love your someday project. No Downton :0(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any idea how large your hexie project will be?
    Your someday quilt is incredible. I think it is just an optical illusion that the star points seem to curve. For your sake, I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Look at all those hexies! And my but you are ambitious to attempt that glorious triangle quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our PBS station carried "The Manners of Downton Abbey," which was interesting. Mercy Street was a rerun of last week....I looked at your Wildest Dreams and wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cutting and basting those hexies can be quiet addictive

    ReplyDelete
  8. At the Dollar Tree, they sell Prep mats made from thin plastic. Two in a package for $1.00. I use these for cutting templates, they work very well and are a lot cheaper. You would find them in the kitchen items section.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hand pieced and hand quilted the Wildest Dreams pattern from APQ and loved every second of it! I finished it in January and entered it in my local quilt show & it won 2nd place in its category. Let me know if I can help you with anything or just provide encouragement for a wonderful journey!
    Mona (mobo657@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete