Saturday, January 9, 2016

sewing along...






these are the 2 latest of the farmer's wife sew-along blocks....both paper pieced as i wouldn't have done them any other way.   the 365 is up to date as well.  finished all the pink reel blocks i could, now waiting on getting more pinks from the big stash in storage.   tomorrow hoping to baste a couple of things for quilting.  the 12 days of christmas blocks also on the list, as this would give me a quick finish.  will also be cutting more scrappy bricks for that project.  working on several things at once usually gives me lots of finishes at once.  when i was a single parent had to juggle several things at once, so it's a method now used for my sewing projects.  silly me thought life would be less complicated with no children to care for, a house to maintain and 2 jobs....not sure what happened or if i'll ever get the satisfaction of an explanation, but thankful God gives me the strength and perseverance to keep on keeping on....quilting that is!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, no wonder you are paper-piecing these blocks with such tiny intricate pieces. They look marvelous! And your Virginia Reel or Snail's Trail pinks are so happy-looking. I admire your quilting as well as your perseverance skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learning paper piecing is on my list of things to do

    ReplyDelete