Thursday, January 28, 2016

new sew-along


jumped right in with barbara brackman's "westering women" sew-along with these pretty cheddar and indigo fabrics by penny rose...in a weak moment last year acquired a FQ bundle that i'll be using for this project.  going from 3" blocks to 12" blocks is a big leap, but this size is a good hand quilting project.  just one FWS block to make and i'll be up to date on ALL sew alongs....for today anyway.  otherwise i'll be quilting on the summer sampler waiting for snow to melt...LOL!

7 comments:

  1. Your blocks with be beautiful in that color combo, Grace!
    Gotta have a weak moment now and then. I bought my first FQ bundle last year. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Grace! did you use BB's measurements or the SB? I want to use SB's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color combination; pretty block, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great classic color combo for this BOM. It's a good beginning. Hope you stay up with all these fun projects

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did indeed jump right in! I got as far as printing out the pattern . . . I so enjoy Barbara B's history lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes, I'd better get started. Love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete