Tuesday, January 19, 2016

my new fave tool


my christmas gift to me this year was this itty bitty 8ths ruler.  my rogue quilter pal has used this and raved about it a lot.  i don't make the precision miniatures that she does, but with these small blocks for the 365 challenge, it is an essential and quite useful item.  mostly i get by with the rulers i have and don't get everything that comes along, but this one lives up to its reputation and glad it's added to my ruler repertoire.  *** not much new here in frigid city but busy with sew along blocks and quilting.  the binding for the table topper is prepped just waiting its turn.  don't think i'll be sending any penalty blocks for the UFO challenge this quarter!  now to keep warm and sew on!

5 comments:

  1. Do you like this ru;er because you need the 1/8ths for measuring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes...the lines are clearly visible and plenty of markings along the edges, both in black and silver so no missing them...

      Delete
  2. I bought this ruler and enjoy it--my miniatures are giants compared to Janet's I do find the ruler to be helpful with accuracy and size

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tool and I remember Janet's review of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like it, Grace! It is so helpful, in my opinion. I look forward to seeing more of the little blocks it helps you create.

    ReplyDelete