Wednesday, January 13, 2016

in the hoop!

just today got this basted and in the hoop to quilt.  it WILL be a january finish for sure...at least i think so!  it's a table topper to match the valance in my mum's apartment....


aside from this, have been working on the 2 sew along blocks and am up to date, well i was until today!  transitional life is a juggling act and i have plastic bags everywhere filled with blocks, strips, squares and all manner of scraps.  next plan on cutting the connector blocks for the scrappy 9-patch so i can work on that flimsy.  ***  so nice to see an extra bit of daylight at both ends of the day now, just minutes of course, but more and more as the month progresses.   when it's still daylight at 5 pm, i know that winter is about half over and the extra sunshine will cheer up the days.  and please pray that housing comes soon...i am anxious for beginning a new chapter in my life and for a fresh start!

3 comments:

  1. It's funny you mention longer daylight hours. I was noticing that myself yesterday and appreciating it too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ready for the end of daylight savings time--pick one time and stay with it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress, Grace. I love the black you used--it has been a favorite of mine.
    I have to say, you are obviously more coordinated than I am. I bought one of those kinds of frames once and could not get it to snap on my quilt with just my two hands. I had to have someone help me or I couldn't do it. I am always in awe of those that can make them work.
    You are always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete