Wednesday, January 27, 2016

in the frame!


it's the re-appearance of last year's summer sampler, now basted and heading for a finish...february maybe?  whilst in limbo, it's been easier to focus on smaller projects even tho am anxious to finish my hawaiian, currently bagged up in plastic in the car trunk.  most of my other UFOs are in storage waiting patiently to be reunited with their creator.  until then, it's continue with sew-alongs, including barbara brackman's newbie starting today!  making good use of time and stash until regular life resumes....and since you asked (? maybe), the seaside photos are from east boothbay, a fave spot of my mom's from her younger days where a cousin was married and lived...here is the ancient little chapel site of nuptials.  isn't it quaint?  little towns, small churches, picturesque villages, so serene but i'm still a citygal....now to sew!


5 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love that sampler. I am woefully behind on mine. Your hand quilting will enrich this one a thousand-fold; well done! Boothbay Harbor was a favorite destination of my great aunt and uncle; I remember sitting through countless slide shows of their vacations there when I was young. I remember thinking back then "not much has changed" from year to year... from the looks of things, I guess that thought still holds true! ;) I can fully appreciate the quaintness now though. Thanks so much for sharing a sweet memory for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mother recalls often her wonderful days spent in boothbay...she and my dad lived there the first summer they were married and talked of eating lobster nearly every day! her cousin's husband brought it home and the refrigerator always had lobster all summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed with how much hand quilting you do. It will be a lovely finish for your Summer Sampler.
    I would have to say I am a small town girl. Love the look of that old rock church. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister was married in that church. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete