Tuesday, January 5, 2016

5 for 5


day 5 and here are my blocks so far...have a bag of small pieces right next to phoebe and try to get these sewn up as soon as they are posted.  going all scrappy and so far so good!  also been working on some of these little paper pieced blocks for a january finish maybe?


the UFO list is officially at 41 so hoping that 2016 is the year of the finish...lots of them in fact....this will also help me focus on busting stash after shamefully accumulating nearly 100 yards (didn't count the gifties), more than enough to finish all my UFOs and generate several more, especially if i continue with small projects like these.  planning on donating 2 bed size quilts in october and also have a quilt of valor on my "hope to make" list...it's a wonder i have time to do anything else...LOL!  and if the start of 2016 is any indicator, likely to be the year of the new car, not showroom new but parts new as in frequenting the repair shop.  it's only january 5th but spent 3 of those days bonding with various car mechanics and incorporating a whole new vocabulary--calipers, rotors, differential, sensors, yokohama (tires)--and (gulp) attacking the bank balance.  fabric sales and quilt shops are definitely off limits for the time being.  it isn't that my car is in bad shape, it's just the nature of mechanical things (sigh)....but, as mrs. g says, life is still good!

4 comments:

  1. 41? Wow! You are so good to count them. I don't think I dare count my ufo pile. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are off to an impressive start to the 365 challenge, and of course you have beautiful scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't dare count my total yards. My husband built me a quilt closet under the stairs. I cannot buy anything new until I have space to put it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well happily have no hubster but that is only the year's incoming, doesn't count all of it.(shudder!)

      Delete