Wednesday, October 21, 2015

katherine and susannah

angie aka gnomeangel, our chief admin on the FWS project, posted 2 blocks yesterday, and since the old viking was already set up, decided to get them done.  the weekly stars got set aside for these..


happy to say that the fabrics used in these blocks came from small scraps that are now just about all used and nearly gone from the stash.  this color variety wasn't my first choice, but these were on hand and was determined to shop the stash exclusively--if possible--for this project; have been able to do just that with the exception of 2-3 FQs purchased.  ***  might just leave the old viking ready to go for the stars and whatever else might inspire me....it works just that way!

ADDENDUM:  post office has informed me now that my mail is being sent to NH not NJ....difference of about 400 miles as the crow flies...???

7 comments:

  1. Out of sight, out of mind. If you keep it out, you may be reminded to do a little more stitching. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting block formations. These are some I don't think I have seen before.
    Do you want any of those scraps I promised you yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. up to you....will email you my mom's address due to aforementioned postal boondoggle...LOL!

      Delete
  3. NH instead of NJ? Well, that is so much more efficient of the post office - aaaargh!

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those blocks, interesting patterns that I'm not familiar with... well done. What's up w/ the PO? Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice blocks, new to me too..your scraps are beautiful together.
    Is it ok if I email you to ask how you are able to baste in front of the TV?..I'm puzzled with that one.

    ReplyDelete