Wednesday, September 30, 2015

seriously tempting....


this is the mother of all projects.....www.365challengequilt.com.au....starting january 1, 2016....i am picturing scrappy to the nth degree here....some blocks 3", some 6" and i would guess the corner squares and center are 12".....a heavy commitment that depends on stamina and continuing good health...can i do it?  should i do it?  or possibly tweak it?  maybe make only the 3" or the 6"....plenty of possibilities...in the meantime will focus on today's quilty plate that includes the bonnie block from farmer's wife, some stars too....some serious caffeine first as it is a cloudy and rainy day, good day for a book and a comfy chair with a cozy quilt.  the good AND bad side of the internet--so much--too much--quilty temptation.  have time to ponder this while focusing on today's.....keep dry and quilt on!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my! That quilt would certainly be a serious commitment ... but oh so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like this one is right up your alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Grace, you are SO right about the temptations presented on the Internet (and furthered here by you!). Looking at this I too am seriously tempted and currently figuring out if I can make this commitment. Would probably have to do it more along the lines of doing a few blocks twice a week, but it strikes me as doable. Thank you (I think) for presenting this temptation! Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as luck would have it, just happen to have some of these colors on hand too...fate?

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, what a Beauty!..Love those colors too...
    I have quite enough Wip's to finish up so I will stop by to see if you take it on...sure is a winner.
    Debra in Ma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I "liked" it on FB, but I don't know if I will follow through when the project goes live in January . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. am thinking this would be a full time job in itself...

      Delete
  6. I love it, but I can tell you right now, I will not be joining in. My brain hurts just thinking about it! : )
    I did notice that there doesn't appear to be applique, so that makes me like it even more--but I must resist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm voting 'go for it' Grace! It will be a magnificent achievement and an excellent project that you will enjoy working on very much - so why on earth wouldn't you want to do it? LOL

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. yikes, that's wayyyy too busy for me to make but fun to see the picture of what everybody is talking about in the quilty world, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is gorgeous! And tempting... though I know I'd never stick with that many blocks... LOVE the colorway too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Revised link: http://www.365challenge.com.au/

    Grace, let's jump in and do this one!!!!!!

    Kathleen S., Normal, IL

    ReplyDelete