Thursday, September 24, 2015

fabric karma

someone had so nicely gifted me with some circus-theme fabrics....lovely clowns, animals etc....well, fussy cut the animals from their background and left the clowns and another animal piece intact.  so how to use them?  find a background and make a cheery circus kid-size quilt of course ....went to marden's, partly to ogle and fondle, and look what was there!   the popcorn fabric....light background with circus popcorn boxes and popped corn all over....how serendipitous is that?   my other purchase was some nice quilter's flannel at $2 per yard, just enough for cozy lounging pants wherever i may be this fall/winter.  ***  a bit under the weather past few days but hoping i will be hale and hearty for the farmer's wife sew-along, now that my book has been spiral bound.  next up is choose fabrics, which will be civil war i guess, since not enough of anything else available right now and not going to buy more.  *** aaaahh a beautiful early autumn day....70, breezy, sunny, crisp.....the perfect season in my opinion!

5 comments:

  1. How perfect finding that fabric! wow. $2 Flannel? I need to ask Vic where she gets her plaid flannels for backings.. I need to go up north for the weekend. Ha...
    Sending wishes for you to feel better.
    I'm currently assembling my CW blocks from Randy's Blog..you know, Barristor's blocks..some resemble FW blocks but no templates..Have fun with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got some of that circus fabric in my stash! LOL

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having similar perfect weather. I wish we could bottle it to sprinkle out in a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find of the popcorn fabric to go with your circus fabric!
    Hope you feel better very soon, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope your feeling better. I can't wait to see your Farmers Wife ... I've seen so much talk of it lately here in blogland. I'm glad your going to do yours in CW fabrics ... if I ever make one (ha), I'd definitely choose CW fabrics ... so I'm going to get a little inspiration from you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete