Tuesday, August 4, 2015

next to last 4....


with this batch, only 4 blocks remain to make for this little summer project.   and yet again, the angle has distorted the size...plus the fan in the window that is blowing directly this way...but they are all the same size.  anxious to see this flimsy take shape and add it to the "to be quilted" pile.   ****  vic has sent me yet ANOTHER care package, this one containing a printout of "union blues" quilt, a small tumbler pattern and more thread.  also included a delish margo krager shirting, some teals from the winterthur collection and some judie rothermels too.   judging from her posts lately, guessing these donations haven't made a dent in her stash, nosiree!  i've been in her stash closet aka living room, so have seen her collection.  i love the word her hub has coined....fiber-myalgia....meaning it is painful to pass by gorgeous fabric....don't we all have that illness???  *** it's scraptastic tuesday and more 9-patch blocks are getting assembled.  next sewing will be more brackman stars....lapis, indigo and one gnarled branches block from a couple of weeks ago.  and the mess on my sewing table?  that comes first....it'll give phoebe a break before we play again!

5 comments:

  1. I'm catching up as fast as I can; I simply love your blocks!

    Vic is a sweetheart.

    Fiber-myalgia, that's a good one, I believe I've contracted a severe case of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm catching up as fast as I can; I simply love your blocks!

    Vic is a sweetheart.

    Fiber-myalgia, that's a good one, I believe I've contracted a severe case of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks mrs g....can't wait to see yours!

      Delete
  3. Hey, hey, hey, those blocks are so pretty together! They look great! It's so good to see you sewing and having fun again. We all love you "To pieces!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vic is great, isn't she?
    Another batch of lovely stars. Looking forward to seeing them all together!

    ReplyDelete