Thursday, July 23, 2015

WIPs...

for the unenlightened, that is Works in Progress....still playing in the stash here at temporary headquarters.  summer rolls on, although so far no stretch of real hot weather.  nights have been mostly cool at 50-60 or so; days around 75 or so with only one that came close to 90 so far.  this is what is under phoebe's needle currently...


the little applique heart block was sent to me and decided to make a small wallhanging from it using scraps (? what else)....it isn't quite finished but will hopefully get to the flimsy stage soon....it seemed a little wonky to me so used the serpentine print to mask any imperfections;  the photo was taken with it on an uneven surface so that doesn't help either.  


had a few selvedges lying around and am using them for some future potholders.  always nice to start in a new place with new potholders.  these 2, plus stars and summer sampler blocks PLUS some little 4-patch solid squares as leader/enders are stacked on the sewing table right now.  so blessed to have a sewing space.....keep calm and quilt on!

1 comment:

  1. I love what you have made with the gifted block. Very sweet.
    Selvedge potholders are a fun idea. I take the little selvedge needle book you made for me everywhere I go. I've labeled the pages with a Micron pen so I know just what find of needles I store on each of the felt "pages."

    ReplyDelete