Thursday, May 7, 2015

tart wannabe?

my throwback thursday photo is a summer one....ideal for an early summer day like today....me in a sundress, off the shoulder no less, and posing for dad probably, age 4 or 5....except for my sister, we 3 started out with platinum blonde hair that has darkened through the years.  my youngest brother had nearly white hair and it is now brown.....course, mom's hair is still nearly gray/white less with her dirty blonde locks, unbelievable at age 88....but it's genetic.  we think it's from the blueberries down east as my grandfather had salt/pepper hair until he died, even after chemo treatment for severe psoriasis when it fell out, came back white fluff, then back to its natural color.  ***  trying to keep busy and my mind occupied while continue to wait for an apartment....vacillate between resignation and rage, neither of which are productive, and fortunately don't last long. so thankful for health, my family, mobility and an income....life is good!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about lil Herb's passing! I love the old photos that you still have access to and are able to share here. Too hot for me already, but hope for a cool-down soon. Good to see you struggling on and counting your blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute photo! : )
    My MIL is 87 and I think I have more grey than she does--and she does not color it. Oh, well. I am just grateful for hair.
    Praying for you to have your own place soon!!

    ReplyDelete