Thursday, May 28, 2015

it's that time...


first, it's that time when your thighs stick to the (wooden) chair, especially if they are a bit....let's say generous....like mine!   having some hot and humid weather for a few days. second, it's time to get some of the stars done as in playing catch up.  here you see the foulards, a printed plaid and an ombre.  others are in process on the sewing machine and will get finished soon.  once these are all done, will still be a scandalous 8 weeks behind on this sew along.  but does that stop me from joining in on another sew along?   but, nooooo!  over at temecula quilt company they are starting a summer sampler of little blocks and i am in!  thanks to my christmas box, will be able to do this one without difficulty, i hope.  i do so miss the rest of my stash and stuff a LOT, not to mention my summer clothing and swimsuit too.  and i certainly won't dwell on the fact that i was SUPPOSED to be in my apartment in maryland long before this. it's just too nice a day for any of that.  instead, will count my blessings, focus on gratitudes that include enough sleep for a change, a chance to sew, a place to hang out from the heat, a haircut, good health of course, and ever mindful of those without such blessings.  so many across every economic strata are much worse off than me today.  life is still good!

7 comments:

  1. Your closing statements of gratitude always make me reflective. Thank you for the reminders to appreciate what we have, not dwell on what we don't.
    Great stars--especially like the plaid and the ombre.
    No--don't provide a link to Temecula's new SAL. I've fallen down that hole too many times!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol.....crawl in the rabbit hole with me....

      Delete
  2. spirits despite adversity. I clicked on the link regarding the quilt a long. I will pass on the small blocks, but I drank the Kool Aid on Jen Kingwell's Small World quilt along. They had me at ordering the magazine from France! On another note can you e-mail me fabricdiva54 at gmail? I want to send you a little something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now for the first half of may comment! Glad to hear that you are in good spirits despite adversity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you have me curious to "crawl down the hole of another SAL", may stop to visit the site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blocks; wonderful attitude, too! Good things come to those who wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is good indeed! So thankful to hear/feel such positive vibes emanating from you today. Hugs~

    ReplyDelete