Sunday, May 17, 2015

bit of sunday sewing


mum has moved into senior housing and she needed a tiny window treatment.  got this nice little valance sewn up for her.  the fabric came from a rather large box of civil war fabric received this week from an internet quilter whom i've never met in person.  wanted to make the valance without spending any money.  found this lovely henry glass shirting and some red print for an accent stripe and managed to have just enough of the shirting for the job.  maintenance will come and move it up to the proper place but for now we get to make sure it fits, which it does.  i am not a drapery seamstress by any stretch but can manage the few straight seams this project required.  *** my situation has not improved; in fact, worsened a bit but will only focus on gratitudes today--pretty good health, a place to hang out during the day,  place to catch up on sleep and fix/eat meals and shower, extra time with family and sporadic moments of what seems as normalcy in an otherwise chaotic maelstrom of days.  not perfect or ideal, but life is still good........by the way, have just about weaned off facebook for various reasons; please do not take offense as i have "unfriended" everyone, no exceptions, for the foreseeable future.

14 comments:

  1. Dear Grace - I'm a non-blogger who has enjoyed following your blog during the past year and I just wanted to send a note of support and admiration for how you are handling this challenging part of your life. Though we don't know each other, I hope that you don't mind that I'm keeping you in my prayers. My sincere hope is that your situation will soon be resolved. Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. appreciate the kind words....this too shall pass...

      Delete
  2. Same here, Grace. I was disappointed to read your last post, announcing a hiatus from blogging. Perfectly understandable, of course, but I do like reading your blog. I thought you did a mighty fine job on the window treatment and I was pleased to hear that you'd got to a bit of sewing, even if it wasn't on a quilt project.

    Hang in there!

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks megan....appreciate your kind words

      Delete
  3. lovely curtains. Hope your situation improves soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you got to customize the Senior housing for your Mom and the curtain valence looks very professional, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice little touch you have added to your Mom's place. Looks very well done to me. I'm sure she appreciates your efforts to brighten her new home.
    I keep praying and hoping that this trial will pass quickly for you, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh thanks...sometimes i myself am pleasantly surprised at a sewing outcome!

      Delete
  6. Grace, You always have such a positive attitude which is wonderful! Glad you were able to sew for a while and I'm sure your mom appreciates having a valance. Keep up the good spirits and I'm hoping that you get to move soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job, glad you are able to focus on the bright spots!

    ReplyDelete