Friday, April 17, 2015

since you asked....

this is what i have been keeping occupied with (some of the time) while marooned here on homeless island.   this is my counted cross-stitch christmas stocking. had been wanting to do a sampler AND a christmas stocking, so combined the two with this project.  no deadline; it gets done when it gets done.  also have my little busy box of solid little bow ties.  thought i had packed these items in a box but actually tucked them away in my suitcase, so do have a couple of handwork options (found them, denise!) while the quilty stuff is in storage (AGAIN!!!!)....i do have the girls here with me but useless without the stash and notions.  while grateful to have a safe place to crash, it is way far from ideal or even where i should be right now....which is in my own apartment....but in between venting and being angry, am enjoying a few creature comforts.  *** and the giveaway IS coming....should be in a day or two so keep watch!   meanwhile, pray for me that my situation gets fixed immediately if not sooner...am way beyond weary of what many enjoy, a place of my own to live and to be safe and cozy.

9 comments:

  1. I hope you have some word on when everything will be straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you have a safe place to be and that you are not sleeping in your car. If you have a sewing machine there, can you use it? Or is there no space for it to be set up? Your stitching is beautiful and so appropriate, too! We are all rooting for you to be settled soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what's going on with you, my friend, but do know that I am praying for a speedy and comfortable resolution to your housing issue. I am thankful that you're safe and sound but I know that's a far cry from your own haven; hang in there... if it's any consolation I do think that your stocking is wonderful. Now, praying for your own space to hang it! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what's going on with you, my friend, but do know that I am praying for a speedy and comfortable resolution to your housing issue. I am thankful that you're safe and sound but I know that's a far cry from your own haven; hang in there... if it's any consolation I do think that your stocking is wonderful. Now, praying for your own space to hang it! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stocking is beautiful, and such a meaningful message.
    I have been praying for a resolution to your situation--and soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a gorgeous cross stitch project, Grace. I'm glad that you have it to work on while you're in such stressful circumstances. I hope that things are resolved soon.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace, your cross stitch is lovely and I'm glad to see that you have something to work on as I know for me, it's how I relax. I'm hoping you get in your new place quickly and am glad that you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are in my prayers. I know thar God doesn't
    Give us more than we can handle but at times it just plain isn't fair! I hope a resolution is coming quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a speedy resolution to your housing problems. So glad you have something to keep your hands busy. Needlework can be so soothing to the mind.

    ReplyDelete