Saturday, April 11, 2015

more recent stash additions


about 2 months ago in the midst of my packing frenzy, realized that marden's might soon be unaccessible...so in a pre-emptive strike, gathered up these lovely spring-colored goodies for future sewing fun.  of course, this was way before the recent twisted events, but even so, think it was a wise move.  the machines are safely tucked away leaving me without quilty fun.  working diligently with housing, hoping to be moved and settled soon so i can get back to lots of fun with old and new projects.  sadly, the hawaiian is packed away as well so no finish on that is on the horizon.  without the quilty part of my life and a home base, simply adrift in the sea of a terrifying and isolated life experience making it difficult to even function day to day.  i seldom get depressed, but without my sewing and quilting to shore me up through this difficult passage, relying on faith-based inner strength to keep me going.  by that i do not mean the support of church family Christians, as in the past i have found they were nonexistent.  we are all recovering pharisees of course, but far too many claim God's agenda as their own, doing great harm in the process.......

9 comments:

  1. I do so hope that you will very soon be settled, safe and comfortable, and able to have your quilty therapy to comfort you.
    Wish you were near so you could come stay at my house during this unsettled time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so kind janet...this too shall pass but mighty difficult in the interim....

      Delete
  2. Grace, glad you posted. It is good to hear from you. Hoping this all works out. Much love coming your way. Miss your "retired" posts! Those posts gave me hope for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! I get cranky and frustrated and depressed when I can't create. If I can't get to my fabric I either do hand work or draw new designs on graph paper and color them. Hoping you get settled soon and unpack the quilt supplies first! Sending a hug your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, send you a big hug Grace. I wish there was something practical I could do to help. If there is, please don't hesitate to reach out to those who read your blog as I'm sure many of us would be glad of an opportunity to pitch in.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you have a few lovely Springy fabrics to fondle for right now. Can you begin a hand project with these? I am praying for all to work out well for you and sending hugs too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ps. Your new header photo is glorious, congratulations on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace, I'm sending cheerful thoughts your way. I am also praying that you will get things sorted out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Grace, I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. I am sending all my positive energy for things to improve. If only you could get to the Hawaiian box. A needle in the hand is such good therapy. Try to stay positive.

    ReplyDelete