Monday, April 20, 2015

blasts from the past....

if you check out mrs. goodneedle's post today, you can blame her for mine.  in addition to packing up all my stuff, i've collected photos from my mom to save.  lots of memories of days gone by of me and my siblings and relatives no longer with us are now in my collection.  check these out....

this is me posing in my hopalong cassidy cowboy pants....the shirt, by this time, had been passed on (very reluctantly) to my brother and the boots had been lost during playtime in a haymow, never to be seen again.  they must have turned up at some point. 


this is me and brother #1 helping my aunt plant her garden in early spring.  everyone had pitched in after supper to get those peas in the ground early.  we worked until dark, which explains the dark background, dreaming of sweet bowls to come. 

and the day that started our family.....handsome groom and beautiful bride in 1946....

4 comments:

  1. What treasures are our memories with family, here's to the good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came from Mrs. G.'s post. Glad you have been able to preserve these great photos of your family--such treasures!
    (I used to have a cowgirl outfit--fringed skirt and vest, boots, hat, even a holster and guns. I was such a tomboy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I accept no blame; only credit. Great photos... aren't the trips down memory Lane the BEST? I have unearthed quite a few photo-gems too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I accept no blame; only credit. Great photos... aren't the trips down memory Lane the BEST? I have unearthed quite a few photo-gems too.

    ReplyDelete