Saturday, April 25, 2015

a bonnie quilt

this is orca bay by bonnie hunter, our scrappy pattern guru....this top got donated as well...for purely selfish reasons....it was too big for my usual needs and with so many seams, tough to hand quilt.  i love the pattern and the colors i chose but somebody else is enjoying its warmth, which is fine by me.  *** brief pity party before cruising blogs and finding cancer, MS, a disabled husband and other situations much worse than mine.  snapped me back to reality and how fortunate i am even with current life glitches.  a quick "thank you" to God for a safe stop on my way even tho missing my sewing but hoping can remedy that soon.  ***  remnants of winter linger in nippy breezes and overcast skies.   can't last as summer must come eventually, which will be thoroughly enjoyed by all.  now where ARE those shorts and swimsuit????

6 comments:

  1. I was quite surprised when you donated this top, after all that work, but your reasoning makes sense.
    There is always someone in worse circumstances if we look around, isn't there?
    I'm glad you have a safe place. If you were anywhere near me, I'd have a room for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Orca Bay is beautiful! I admire your attitude as well as your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in your quilt and I totally understand about donating this - sometimes I have things that I know will never get finished and it's fine to pass it along to someone else who will. Still, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is undoubtedly being loved and treasured, it is a beauty! My prayers continue for patience and safe haven for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is undoubtedly being loved and treasured, it is a beauty! My prayers continue for patience and safe haven for you.

    ReplyDelete