Saturday, January 10, 2015

winter weather means quilting time

not that i don't quilt other seasons, but there's something about short days and cold temps that just beg for having a large quilt in your lap.  and, in honor of today's photo, my text has gone orange!  this quilt has been in process for about 5 years now, from choosing the pattern, the fabric, cutting the applique, the basting and actual applique work and now the really fun part, the quilting.  this will definitely be one of my personal heirloom quilts and i am giddy to realize it'll soon be finished.  if you have never tried hawaiian style quilting, i can heartily recommend you do.  as a bonus, applique angst has disappeared!

6 comments:

  1. That picture is just sumptuous! The Hawaiian echo quilting is so beautiful and I'm so glad that you're keeping this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed watching your progress very much Grace.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so beautiful! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a gorgeous quilt. I love that I have actually been privileged to see it in person and touch it with my own hands! However, my applique angst is still so intense that I won't even consider doing one myself. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Remember, your stitches are the waves lapping on the shore of your quilt. Hawaiian style. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an amazing accomplishment! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete