Friday, January 30, 2015

3 for 3....

week 3 equals 3 more blocks, shirting stars this time.  so far my little stack is kinda boring but as time goes on, more fabric types will result in more pizzazz....and of course i am limited to fabrics currently accessible, which could change any moment.  always good to be current on a sewalong, though.  **** and yes, it IS snowing here again, today's prediction is for anywhere from 4-12 inches, although i think we've passed the 4"mark already.  mother nature gave us a break yesterday with a sunshiny day, so all errands were completed giving me a task-free sewing day.  of course i could vacuum and do that last load of laundry but no rush at all.  *** now that these blocks are done it's back to the red/cheddar project and the hawaiian too.  having specific projects lined up helps keep the urge to acquire more stash at bay....and looking at the packed boxes of fabric helps too.  that is when you really know how much fabric you have....when it's in boxes staring you in the face.  but i am happy to have and love every scrap....potential for hours and hours of sewing and quilty fun...how good is that?

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks--at least you have quilting to keep your hands busy with all the snow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful blocks are far from boring, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think they're boring. They're soft. (Not everything has to be screaming, contrary to popular belief.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your blocks are very pleasing to the eye, Grace.
    You are wise to focus on your works in progress. I am trying to talk myself out of 5th Saturday sales at quilt shops tomorrow. I really don't NEED more. Your comments make me curious as to just how many boxes my stash might fill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing better to be snowed-in with than a healthy stash of fabrics! Stay warm, my friend!

    ReplyDelete