Monday, December 22, 2014

final 2014 finish....

it's the scrappy shenandoah log cabin throw, now finished and saved from the 2015 UFO list...how good is that?  it'll hang on the back of my rocking chair for now and probably get donated at some point.  now that i've gotten this pattern out of my system for a while, can play with another....the lucy boston patchwork of the cross.  no doubt you have seen these on blogs and other social media.  recently won a giveaway of some English paper piecing precut pieces of 4 blocks' worth, so i'll do that many anyway BUT might be tempted to morph into a bigger project....we'll see.  *** all set for a low key holiday here in rainy maine, grateful for no snow!  a bit of baking is all that remains and a few presents to wrap.  ***   now that the SLC is done, attention focuses on the hawaiian to baste and start quilting.  perhaps by february or march it will be done.  as for a machine project, the amish ocean waves top needs finishing so that'll probably be next.  ***  anticipating the start of a new year, which always gives me a feeling of excitement of anticipatory possibilities.  no doubt it will be mixed with good things and challenges too....

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish, Grace!!
    Merry Christmas to you and your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Grace! And congratulations on the finish. Have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done on your last finish..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOH, I love it! Be so very proud! I hope that you'll give this cuddler to your own daughter to keep it in the family. A great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another sensational quilt Grace.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great quilt Grace. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful quilt, Grace. You did yourself proud!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grace, I just spent a lovely few minutes reading your last three posts. I love this quilt! I agree with Vic, don't give it away. You are very generous with your makings, but I think this one you should keep. Gorgeous. And finished! I am thinking of a Lucy Boston quilt, but am planning to use Inklingo. EPP eludes me, twice as much work as handpiecing. At any rate, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete