Sunday, November 30, 2014

christmas stash busting

victoria gifted me this jelly roll back in august for my birthday.  i almost never buy precuts but i love this fabric line and, in fact, had purchased some yardage of it for myself.  the jelly roll was staring me in the face and was motivated to find a pattern and use it up.  cut a stack of 5" white blocks and started making these.  there'll be room for hand quilting on the white and some sort of design on the printed borders.  hoping to take a day in december to at least get the flimsy done.  *** also on the december list is finish the amish center diamond, cut and mail some swap strips, finish the little alphabet piece, finish the shenandoah log cabin and baste the hawaiian.  not too ambitious you think?  ***  whew got by black friday and small business saturday with hardly a blip.  feel confident about facing cyber monday.  my shopping list is made and the budget pretty much prevents any veering off into the impulse zone.  i did cave on 2.5 yards of mod fabric line that makes me drool; could have passed it up until i saw it in person at a shop recently.  oh well...it'll go nicely with other stuff in the stash and it just means more fun for me!  now off to start the day and enjoy another day that's been allotted to me....

3 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by your new project. I look forward to seeing how the shapes/blocks fit together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing some Christmas stashbusting over here too! Got 2 mug rugs done - may give them to the son and DIL of the great-aunt that just passed. A little pick-me-up during the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very pretty fabrics. I can't believe your quilting "to do" list! Whew!!

    ReplyDelete