Friday, October 10, 2014

swap blocks

got these lovelies in the mail the other day.....aren't they gorgeous!  this is half of the Lady of the Lake Block Swap; the other half will come in January i believe...so the UFO list grows....  no sewing today yet...grocery shopping and a half-day trip to the clipper merchant tea room with mom for some tea, soup and scones....so very good!  and the foliage is definitely peak in my surrounds...with the sun shining on the leaves, it is magical!  ***  2 weeks now to retreat; next week at this time i'll be getting out the suitcase and putting things together.  as anxious as i am to start my quilty vacation, i know it will be over way too soon.  that's how it goes usually....but i know i'll enjoy every moment. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh those Lady Of The Lake blocks are lovely! You did very well and I think that it's wonderful to have another "new" project waiting in the wings. glad you had a lovely day off with your Mom, cause she's a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks are inspirational Grace - I don't think I could put them aside: I would want to start making a quilt with them straight away.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are yummy blocks!
    Oh, to be in New England in the Fall again.
    Sounds like you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I think I see one of my blocks! These are going to make some lovely quilts, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes indeed! and thanks for being in the swap!

      Delete
  5. Other half? I didn't know the swap is continuing. Should I write to Nancy?

    ReplyDelete